View Single Post
Old 19.02.2019, 20:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 447 Times in 385 Posts
Thanked 18,725 Times in 9,908 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Yes, they could be lying, however seeing how many other companies have come out and blamed their failings on Brexit, and given the massive upheaval the car industry is going through at the moment, I believe they are telling the truth.
What massive upheaval? Other than auto companies fleeing UK or reducing UK involvement; examples, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Michelin, Schaeffler and Jaguar Land Rover?

Toyota has said a no-deal Brexit would put production of £10m worth of cars a day at risk.

BMW would have to close its British factories that make Mini and Rolls-Royce cars if Brexit leads to serious supply chain disruption, the automaker's customs manager, Stephan Freismuth, said.

Of course, you can counter this argument by citing details of the global situation with details of other countries seeing the same exodus of five out of their largest five auto manufacturers plus major component suppliers?