View Single Post
Old 22.02.2019, 00:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 527 Times in 444 Posts
Thanked 20,487 Times in 10,772 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I continue to be amazed at the lack of due diligence in the American press. Both sides...liberal and conservative seem to write and publish which suits their narrative. Whatever happened to journalistic integrity? It is all about "Clickbait" as my journalist/former college roommate tells me... And she works for a very reputable news outlet in the US. Sad on all levels....

So many wanted to believe Smollet as it suited their narrative. The sad thing is... most of us are left wondering what to believe anymore as the press is frankly, unreliable...
They reported what the police said
Quote:
Chicago police: Smollet is "a victim right now, and we'll treat him like a victim"
Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson spoke to CNN affiliate WLS about the reported attack against “Empire” star Jussie Smollett, calling the crime “horrendous”.
What sort of due diligence could the press have performed to identify Smollet was lying? That is a pure fantasy.

The press are now reporting the police information on Smollet again; do you also find this is unreliable?
The following 3 users would like to thank marton for this useful post: