View Single Post
Old 23.02.2019, 11:41
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,337 Times in 902 Posts
EastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss bread recipe wanted please

OOookkkay. EE to the rescue....sort of.

My youngest daughter has successfully trained as a baker-confectioner, I asked her about that recipe. She confirms my suspicions, that this is an invention of a local bakery, perhaps a few bakeries, in the vincinity of Interlaken.

But it is not, a registered recipe of the Swiss Baker and Confectioner organisation (She has access to the database).

Well, I searched and found this bread from a bakery in Grindelwald

http://www.grindelwald-bakery.ch/spezialitaeten.html

If it the bread you are looking for is looking like that, then.....

It is made from rye. The website states that this bread is made with a mother-dough (pre-fermented dough) and has got a long resting time (e.g. when the dough is left covered in a bowl or special basket to rise), before finishing and baking it.

I hope I have given you enough information to look up a similar recipe, and who knows, your own version iof it might even turn out to be much yummier than the bought one