View Single Post
Old 24.02.2019, 07:52

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
swiss has no particular reputation at present
Non EU - L to B conversion : Is provisional check with Swiss authorities possible?

Dear all
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am non EU and currently on L permit working in Zurich and serving my last month of allowed 2 years under L permit.

Bit more background :

My client for which I work is willing to have my services for rest of this year. So, accordingly they had asked my employer for L to B permit processing for me.
My employer initially agreed (3 months back) to do so and even said they don't see any major hurdle with the conversion, and I I could get my B permit easily (based on my skill sets,education, experience).

Twist to the story :
As of this date, my employer has not filled for my L to B conversion case(my current L permit will expire in next 30 days). When I tried to check the details then I understand that our immigration team is not 100% sure if my B permit will be approved by authorities if they file for it(I am Not exactly sure about the reason about it). My employer is saying if they directly go ahead and file for my permit and if it get rejected then my employer will lose that from fixed quota they get for LtoB.
So what my employer is saying, there is possibility to do the provisional/preliminary check with Swiss authorities(by providing very basic documents of my case ex my CV, contract etc), and currently they are doing it and awaiting response from Swiss authorities. And once they get green signal from authorities they will file my full case. This way my employer will not lose the B quota they get.

Questions :
Q1(Important) - Is there really any possibility to do such provisional/preliminary check with Swiss authorities? Does anyone have any prior experience in this regard, and is this really true? If yes kindly provide more details.

Q2(Just for my understanding) - Though my employer is saying that they get fix number of quotas for L to B conversions? Based on my reading so far, I understand there are fix number of quotas announced per year(for instance it is 4500 B permit in 2019) which is then divided into various cantons. Is this further get divided into various companies?? I can imagine this to work as first come first serve basis whoever files for the case first will get it. Thanks for clarifying.

Many thanks and best regards.