View Single Post
Old 24.02.2019, 09:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 404 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 17,012 Times in 9,578 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non EU - L to B conversion : Is provisional check with Swiss authorities possible

Not sure anyone can clarify it for you.

1. Maybe

2. Possibly.

1. It may just depend on which company you're working for atm. The big names may be able to do a sort of preliminary check to see if an application would be successful or not. That said, if they were that unsure about it I would have expected them to start checking some months ago, not 30 days before your permit expires.

2. Again may depend on the company and the canton. Big name companies may get assurances that they'd have so many conversions possible from the canton, but I've never heard that's the case.

The problems you are going to have if they don't get an application going is that when your current permit runs out, if there isn't an application for a new one, then you'd have to stop work I think.

Also leaving it this late to apply and then have it rejected leaves you being liable to pay extra rent since you need to give whatever termination notice is required in your rental contract - for which 30 days or less is unlikely to be long enough to avoid paying extra months rent up to the next termination date in your contract.