View Single Post
Old 27.02.2019, 06:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,962 Times in 7,689 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I was lucky enough to have a brief, private one to one chat with our Ambassador a few months ago. I wouldn't be right to repeat what she said, but I damned grateful that she's got her head firmly screwed onto her shoulders. It's just the other @3million Brits in Europe that are jittery now.
All these changes will affect future immigrants not people that are already living abroad and have a legal status. Or so they say.

I think a lot of EU immigrants will leave the UK. I think a lot of them will stay. Will be an attractive place from now on? Who knows. I don't know anyone even thinking to immigrate where they're clearly not wanted. Some youth will still choose to study at some British universities no matter what, the academia is not (yet) virally infected with certain ideas. But all in all, I think people will get what they wanted. And then some more.