View Single Post
Old 28.02.2019, 19:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 52 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 5,272 Times in 2,183 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK Pension - Winter fuel payment

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps you should not have multiple children with 12k income? Some personal responsibility would not go a miss. You pay tax in CH on a far lower income.

It's the point EVERYBODY has to start contributing to society, the rate has gone up far outstripping inflation since 1979 when Mrs Thatcher started cutting taxes for everyone. Person allowance under labour was 775 IIRC & base rate was 33%.
50% of UK families receive 50% of their income from benefits, it's absurd & not sustainable.
Sigh. If you don't get it, you don't get it. I'm too tired of this merry-go-round to explain again the reality of huge amounts of people to a privileged minority male such as yourself. Also, 40 years ago, this was all fields...

I take it that's a general not a specific you? Again, I'm choosing to believe you're merely trying to be provocative. The alternative is very sad.