View Single Post
Old 01.03.2019, 06:13
Moderately Dutch

Groaned at 298 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 9,248 Times in 4,688 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: High frequency noise in apartment

Quote:
View Post
Good morning,
Well, not so good, as I should be sleeping, but there is a HIGH FREQUENCY NOISE, which is driving me CRAZY!

I first noticed it, while taking measurements in the empty apartment BEFORE we moved in, but chalked it up to the emptiness and hard surfaces. However, we are approaching four months and it is still present.

Finally, I hired a professional sound technician to come, with highly specialized equipment and he found it to be the food center refrigerator. He said it emitted 5000 Herz. The landlords are kindly willing to purchase a new one, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS. Even if I switch off the circuit breaker, the noise does not go away.

No, I do not have tinnitus, though I am worried about the long term effects upon my hearing.

Any suggestions, before we exchange the refrigerator? Thanks for your help.
I donīt understand. If you switch the fridge off and the noise is still there, why replace the fridge? Did you do that with the technician around?
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post: