View Single Post
Old 01.03.2019, 08:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 456 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 18,339 Times in 10,201 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to get Work Visa - Help/Advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
Hey EF,

Currently looking to move to the VAUD Canton around the month of July (Visa permitting).

Getting married next year (to a Swiss native) but would like to move ahead of time to get used to the culture and lifestyle.

I've contacted the Swiss embassy here in Canada (from toronto) and the options they gave me is either a work visa or family reunion visa. However, for the family reunion visa, a common law relationship is needed, which we are not, as my Gf lives in Lausanne.

I don't have a university degree or held a management position in the past. My education is in Architectural Technology.

Does anyone have any tips or experience they would like to share that can help me on my search for a job and work visa? Maybe the fields that hire the most foreign workers or perhaps an agency that deals with entry visa employment.

Thank you,
It's just not that easy. There are a limited number of permits available for non-EU hiring. Agencies can't help since the employer has to apply for a permit on your behalf and they have to show they can't find a Swiss/EU national who could do the job. Also in most cases you need to hold a university degree plus have several years of experience in your field of expertise. The non-EU hiring criteria is outlined here.

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...zulassung.html

Because it takes time and money to make the application most employers won't try unless they're pretty sure they'll be successful.