Thread: RAW Dog food
View Single Post
Old 03.03.2019, 10:34
Banned

Groaned at 38 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 1,351 Times in 624 Posts
Fish Paste has a reputation beyond reputeFish Paste has a reputation beyond reputeFish Paste has a reputation beyond reputeFish Paste has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAW Dog food

My spaniel had an umbilical hernia, very small, and the vet never mentioned anything about diet. If it is small, nothing to worry about. Get used to feeling it so you can quickly identify any change.
Personally I’d at least go half kibble, as it’s designed by dog nutritionists and has appropriate amount of veg/ruffage. There are some very high quality ones available (eg Origen).
My dog is 100% kibble (alternate fish and meat based) + cooked chicked, mackeral and warmed hotdog to make it a bit more interesting.

Full barf seems like an enourmous amount of work, and a very high risk of giving him the chf57 per kilo bio-chicken breast from the fridge when you mess up on the preparation.

Also, what about holidays?

Anyway, ask at your local Swiss Shepherd or dog club, they will have it covered.

He looks lovely in black!

And I’m envious of Weggis, which I think is probbaly the best location in CH.
He can get in the water at the slip ramp by Hotel Du Lac or towards the far end at the public park.
If you know anywhere else, let me know!

Also, ticks are brutal here, get the protection sorted assp.

Last edited by Fish Paste; 03.03.2019 at 10:54.
This user would like to thank Fish Paste for this useful post: