View Single Post
Old 06.03.2019, 17:55
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
loulan has no particular reputation at present
Where do landlords buy their parkett?

My parkett has a bit of damage and I'm moving out. I didn't have a liability insurance until recently (I'm kinda new to Switzerland and I didn't really know how it worked), so I'm a bit worried. I've tried fixing it with an iron/water, with some chemicals etc, to no avail. But actually I think the type of parkett I have isn't even glued and the easiest way to fix that would simply be to replace a few boards. It seemed doable since my apartment has what looks like the most common type of parkett ever and it was renovated only a few years ago.

My problem is that I can't find exactly the same one. I went to Hornbach and found this one: https://www.hornbach.ch/shop/Parquet...3/article.html

It's extremely similar to mine: same format, same texture, only the color is a bit different: a bit less yellow-ish. Nothing else in Hornbach came close (you have a "golden oak" one but it's a different format). I went to Jumbo and they were all completely different (very different texture).

So then I'm wondering, where could they possibly have bought it? I tried a few smaller shops but these seem to be too fancy and to sell real high-quality stuff. Are there more "professional" shops where a landlord would have been likely to buy it?

I've thought of removing a board to check if the brand would be written on the back but I have doubts since it wasn't the case with the Hornback ones.

I thought maybe someone had experience with this here.