View Single Post
Old 07.03.2019, 18:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 6,780 Times in 2,180 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are my chances of getting a job as a Senior developer ? What am I lacking?

Quote:
View Post
My interview went good. But I got 4 rejected mails this week, without interview.

The position which I got interviewed and rejected on January 2019 is still open . How long do they take to fill a position?

Most positions that are advertised get quite a few applications (sometimes hundreds) and in coming to their shortlist, even qualified candidates can be turned down without an interview. I wouldn't take it personally, and don't get too discouraged if it happens more often than you're used to.

The other thing about Switzerland, at least in my experience, is that the process moves exceptionally slowly compared to other places. You can count on several rounds of interviews (I had 13 different interviews for my first position in Switzerland) and the time from sending in an application to having a signed employment contract in your hand can easily be six months. Then, having made you wait six months, they'll want you to start ASAP.