View Single Post
Old 07.03.2019, 23:44

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
KimMa has no particular reputation at present
Salary expectations for transfer

Hello everyone!

I have been reading through this forum a lot the past weeks and found it very helpful! As my plans on moving to Zurich are getting closer, I also have a salary related questions. I obviously used the search function and also googled a lot, but I can't find too much information regarding salary adjustments due to a transfer. So, apologies in advance for opening another (annoying) salary thread, but am hoping maybe to get a few insights from you guys

A little background: I am German citizen (and therefore speak German fluently) but completed by B.A. in Communication in 2015 in the US and started right after graduating my first full time job at a global consulting firm in PA. I started as a Communication & Change Management Analyst and have now almost 4 years of work experience and just recently got a promotion to Associate. I work in a client facing position, act as the project manager, schedule & attend client meetings, create communication strategies and materials, and have a few internal certifications (for example I create Microsites based on our internal offering; that doesn't require too much technical knowledge, so this is not like creating a whole new website but I have basic knowledge in HMTL).

My new US salary (based on the promotion) is $64,000. The transfer was requested from me because I want to move back to Europe and living in Zurich has always been a dream of mine and since it's close to Germany and we do have similar teams in that location, my company agreed to the transfer.

I know that companies often screw you over when you stay too long at one firm, change positions within the company or get transferred... so I am a bit worried about the salary they will offer me. This isn't really about getting another increase, I just want that my salary will be somewhat adjusted to Zurich's living costs.

What do you think is the least I should accept based on the info I just gave you? I know that I will have to wait to see their official offer anyway but I was just wondering what is the least I should be getting and at which number I should try to negotiate (or potentially decline)?

Any advice would be very welcomed!

Thank you in advance!