View Single Post
Old 08.03.2019, 19:01
arianemin arianemin is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: lausanne
Posts: 110
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 29 Times in 12 Posts
arianemin has no particular reputation at present
Non-EU work permit L - Consequences for dependent

Me and my wife are both No-EU and have been in CH on student permit (B) since 2010. I am postdoc but dependent on her permit (family reunion). Since I am dependent on her permit I have right to work and on this basis HR accepted my contract for another year(our previous permit was valid for another year). Now she has found a job (open ended) in Valais. Today we were informed that they have given her an L permit. So as dependent now I am in a deep shit. The responsible in cantonal office told me this is the common practice and the first permit is an L, but that I can work with a dependent L permit. However I have read in this forum that it is not the case and the dependent of L permit holder can not work with L permit. Can it be a different from one canton to another? Is there a way to appeal?

One more question: I know that after 2 years of L we will have a B. Then when can we have a C? right after B(since we will have been in CH be 10 years) or do we need to wait another 2 years on B?
Reply With Quote