View Single Post
Old 10.03.2019, 18:17
Only in moderation

Groaned at 247 Times in 200 Posts
Thanked 16,031 Times in 6,628 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Melbourne Airport baggage control

Quote:
View Post
I get where you're coming from, Edwin, but our experience in a different Aussie airport was that the authorities x-rayed and/or opened every piece of luggage from nearly every passenger that arrived on the flights that came in at same time ours did. There was quite a queue, and the inspectors took their time. Maybe they were looking for something specific, I don't know. It was the most thorough check we've had anywhere, and we travel often.
You beat me to it, 3W.

All baggage is X-rayed upon arrival (with the owners present). Some bags are then opened and checked. In addition, sniffer dogs are run up and down the baggage carousels.

The checks don't actually cause that much of a delay, unless you're a drug smuggler or flouting Australia's biosecurity laws, which are there for an excellent reason.
This user would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: