View Single Post
Old 10.03.2019, 20:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 419 Times in 345 Posts
Thanked 8,678 Times in 4,220 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Melbourne Airport baggage control

Quote:
View Post
I get where you're coming from, Edwin, but our experience in a different Aussie airport was that the authorities x-rayed and/or opened every piece of luggage from nearly every passenger that arrived on the flights that came in at same time ours did. There was quite a queue, and the inspectors took their time. Maybe they were looking for something specific, I don't know. It was the most thorough check we've had anywhere, and we travel often.
Some flights are considered high profile due to where they come from, you might have arrived around the same time as one of those.

I know from Schiphol that arrivals from the Antilles and Surinam were considered as having extra high risk on drugs transports and for a long time those have been checked 100% (don't know today's status since I don't live there anymore)
This user would like to thank EdwinNL for this useful post: