View Single Post
Old 11.03.2019, 18:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 100 Times in 48 Posts
Kedi has an excellent reputationKedi has an excellent reputationKedi has an excellent reputationKedi has an excellent reputation
Re: What are my chances of getting a job as a Senior developer ? What am I lacking?

OP, first, do not be discouraged. 2 interviews out of 30 applications are not bad at all. People send 100 applications without getting a single interview.

Secondly, your question about not getting technical questions: I experienced this maybe in half of the interviews I have done and I am bewildered as well. Interestingly, whenever I had such an interview, I never got the job In such an interview I would make sure I come across confident but not overly-confident. State what you have done so far in a confident manner but be truthful about what you don't know.

If you had a career break because of your child and get questions abou that be concise and say you are eager to get back to work.

I find that it is difficult to get your first job in CH. Being from India, a woman and a mother are further disadvantages. Some might deny it but this is the truth but there are people out there who will hire us

Be patient, brush up on technical knowledge and don't be discouraged.

Good luck.