View Single Post
Old 13.03.2019, 07:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 98 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 6,552 Times in 2,502 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAV - Big Four - Basic German

Tom, don't they have the big four in Ticino then?

Certainly possible to get a job at them without speaking German, though on entry-level I wouldn't take it for granted. I don't think there are any "tips" anyone can give you other than simply try. The way they hire (and fire), as in "massive intake of hungry youngsters, churn and filter asap", you probably won't struggle much to get a job with any of them.

As for filler jobs until then: anything that comes with customer contact will require you to speak at least decent enough German because well, you need to speak to said customers and be able to understand instructions or whatnot, which of course won't be in English. You say you understand it, so if you can hold down a basic conversation, I don't see much of an issue. Best to swing by the local Starbucks and McDs etc. to see if they have any openings.