View Single Post
Old 15.03.2019, 08:16

Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
ormesome has earned some respectormesome has earned some respect
Re: Short term hello from the UK...

Sorry, but I never understood the messages that people post making out bringing a car from the UK to be a horrible, disastrous experience, super expensive etc etc! Insurance can be found cheap. My nearly new Audi A3 insurance with 365 EU cover with Stuart Collins was 450pounds. Fully comp, fully covered etc... I'm 35! This is compared to 400 with a normal bog standard car insurance in the UK. Also, you have a year to fully register your car here, if you realise you don't want to then you drive to the UK and sell it. simple. Street parking is fine, the police recognise the car so you can register for blue zone street parking if your apartment doesn't have private parking and you can register on all car parking websites.

Up to a year, you will be fine, personally, I would look into Stuart Collins insurance and just drive over. it's a lovely drive, you will have more space to carry your personal items. You will be stopped at the border where you sign a form declaring you're importing the car and buy a vignette motorway pass. That's about all that happens for a year. I px my A3 for a newer Audi here, worked out a great deal.