View Single Post
Old 15.03.2019, 13:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 438 Times in 330 Posts
Thanked 11,476 Times in 6,017 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Give them back their lives [politicization of young people]

Quote:
That's not so difficult to achieve, though. I can tick pretty much all of that stuff off and don't even feel it's much of a chore.

I don't really do anything special to achieve this, so I imagine many people are in the same boat. I don't commute 50-100KM but I either take public transport, walk or bike it depending on global warming that day.
Undoubtedly many are. Nonetheless Zürich airport keeps reporting new passenger records, there are ever more cars on the roads that keep making more km a year, and commuting distances keep increasing regardless of the means used. As are mobile devices and electric cars (rare earth metals anyone?).

In order to significantly change consumer behaviour and industrial production without creating a bureaucratic monster, energy would need to be significantly more expensive worldwide. Which of course would hit the low-earners hardest, as we just saw in France, but worldwide.
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: