View Single Post
Old 16.03.2019, 09:43

Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Mr Dog has earned the respect of manyMr Dog has earned the respect of manyMr Dog has earned the respect of many
Re: Dog food - review of Babarf

Thank your for all of the information (again). Yes, I registered him with MyVet and saw Dr Lierau who was lovely. I went to it partly because of a recommendation and partly because I saw you had posted you used them.

Yes, I had heard that GSD have sensitive tummies and on the FB page for all the breeder's puppies I can see there is a history of allergies, although that might be because new owners went away from raw. She was a private breeder who has had only a couple of litters. What was great was that he started life in a home with 4 dogs and 4 kids and we met Mum, Dad, Grandpa and Grandma who all have a lovely temperament. It does mean that she is not really an expert on nutrition and she wasn't giving other supplements just the mince and tripe she got locally and kibble.

I do have the ingredients of the Natural Instinct and I will try with the local butcher. I saw that you suggested VMn so I am going to look at that. Meiko also have salmon oil, which was in his original food.

I am just glad that we were able to use the Natural Instinct for a while because we did get him to Switzerland without him throwing up, even on the Eurotunnel. We finally arrived to Switzerland on Monday night, the evening we ran out of his food.