View Single Post
Old 17.03.2019, 19:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,616 Times in 4,682 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moving to Zurich

Quote:
View Post
The other problem is you'll need to be in one place for several weeks if not a couple of months to be able to get the residence permit you'll need to be able to live/work here. If not a rental contract then a letter or something from the place you're staying to say you're going to be there until such and such a date.
We applied for our residence permits on the first full day in Switzerland, and changed address twice before we received them. I just kept nipping into the immigration office to let them know and take the contract as proof of address. It took 6 weeks for mine to be processed and 3 mths for my partner's.

All we had for our first application was my OH's work contract, a CRB extract and banking records to prove he had enough savings to support me.