View Single Post
Old 19.03.2019, 11:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,580 Times in 805 Posts
eng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The EU have been very clear that the PM should reach across the house in an effort to move forward. To my mind, that should have happened on day 1. The PM should have formed a consensus on the aspects of leaving that were commonly held goals across the house and with the EU. She should have got those aspects agreed and firmly wrapped up before moving on to the more contentious issues. Every successful negotiation I've been involved with began that way, but noooooo..... She's gone into the steak restaurant and said "I don't want steak. I don't want meat. I don't want fish. I don't want cheese. I don't want sauces. I don't want potatoes." etc... and the EU has said "Fine. Take your green leaf salad and eff off!"

All sorts of things she should have done and should not have done from the outset - if she could do something wrong it seems she has - but I find it utterly inconceivable that we've got to this stage and she is still so blind to reality. And that the politicians are STILL so worried about their own seats and political futures that they haven't the guts to do anything but let her drag them and the country down with her. Bercow seems to be the only one with both balls and power (balls and numbers would work too) to say something in the approach HAS to change - after all, the definition of insanity is keeping doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

And in the meantime, citizens rights are STILL being totally thrown under the bus; we here in CH are the lucky ones (at least those whose interests are exclusively in CH and not cross-border - those of us operating cross-border with the EU are still in limbo)
This user would like to thank eng_ch for this useful post: