View Single Post
Old 21.03.2019, 16:25
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Spinal has an excellent reputationSpinal has an excellent reputationSpinal has an excellent reputationSpinal has an excellent reputation
Re: Zoning: Converting restaurant to housing?

Quote:
View Post
I would suggest that you have a meeting with the Bauamt from the relevant Germainde, they are normally quite helpful in any proposals that fall inside the rules. I think rezoning would devalue the property as it is quite difficult to go the other way. Using the restaurant as living / dining space does not really change the use that much. Age will be a factor as there maybe Denkmal or Heimalschutz if it has been there since the 1800s.
Very useful, thanks.

Have continued searching, and now found one that has stables on the ground floor. I followed your advice, and spoke to the gemainde... who said that the stables form part of the (ground floor) cellar, and cannot be converted to living space, which sucks.

Does anyone have any idea what the costs of bulldozing and rebuilding a house are? (3 floors + 1 underground cellar, about 100sqm for each floor, not counting finishings. I.e. just walls, electrics, heating and roof)

Similarly, the estate agent seemed to think it's easier to rebuild than to convert existing non-habitable space (e.g. cellar, stables, etc)... has anyone done this in CH?

M.