Thread: Tax evasion
View Single Post
Old 27.03.2019, 22:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 126 Times in 117 Posts
Thanked 25,192 Times in 9,702 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax evasion

Quote:
View Post
Well spotted, but that is not a contradiction. All of my active bank accounts are running happily. That one isn't active. Natwest closed my account because I never paid the overdraft. (I just went across the street and opened a new bank account instead, and saved the money.) I've owed them 1000 pounds for about a year. They've been sending letters to my old address for months. I get my letters, but they have no clue that I'm not at that address, leave alone not in the country.

Also what do you think "recovery action" is? They send a few threatening letters, then sell the debt to a collection agency who send you some more threatening letters, then threaten court action, then beg and plead for you to give them the money, and then give up. They can send bailiffs to my "address" but they will find nothing. if they try to take me to court, again they need to serve a legal notice to an address, and they cannot do this. Nor would they bother, not for these amounts.
Do you plan to return to the UK?
This user would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post: