View Single Post
Old 28.03.2019, 10:45

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I don't think a second referendum will happen, but if it does Leave would win again. Read this from Dominic Cummings (aka Benedict Cumberbatch), who led the official Vote Leave campaign (the one with the bus and nothing to do with Farage). Some interesting things he has to say:

This last one sounds like the view of many of those on here...
So to sum up:

Leave would win again
Well educated people are easy to fool
Advertising only works on thick plebs

So if Leave wins again, you are saying the majority are thick plebs and educated fools?

Where does that leave Remainers? According to Cummings they don't fall for advertising and they don't fall for Leave narrative.

Quote:
View Post
Answer a straight question then, do you believe the Scottish Referendum was a good or a bad thing? If you think it was a good thing, do you think had the Scots voted for independence it would have been easy to implement?
Why is that relevant? My point was never about whether the referendum was a good or a bad thing. I'm not Scottish, it's not my bag.

My point was purely to illustrate that a referendum which results in no change can be seamlessly implemented.

"Feelings" about it are irrelevant.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post: