View Single Post
Old 28.03.2019, 10:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 88 Times in 82 Posts
Thanked 8,563 Times in 3,949 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
This is very true. What's the point in voting on a Customs Union when the withdrawal agreement would have to be agreed beforehand?
Because that, in addition to May's agreement, could command a majority in this parliament, but it's guaranteed to send Brexiteers into a tailspin.

Quote:
View Post
So by your logic all the remoaners in Parliament should shut the hell up, stop interfering and allow the brexiteers to get on with it.
No because that lot wouldn't even come to an agreement on the vellum to be used for their business cards, never mind the font, point, colour, etc...

Quote:
View Post
They voted to take control and have a sovereign Parliament. Sometimes you get what you wish for
Exactly!
It astonishes me that there are still people out there who fail to see that the reason for all their ills, that may have prompted their Leave vote in the first place, lay within their own parliament and not the EU parliament. Now that the focus is purely upon the UK parliament, they'll begin to see where the problem lay all along. One can hope...

Quote:
View Post
This last one sounds like the view of many of those on here...
Your wrong for the simple reason that people like me, were not targeted by the Leave advertising campaign. I'm not on twitter, and one glance (by a bot) through my Facebook friends list or at my previous employer, would put me firmly in the 33% that they didn't waste money in targetting. The only place I ever saw the Leave campaign's ads was on EF. I cannot emphasise that strongly enough.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: