View Single Post
Old 28.03.2019, 11:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,037 Times in 9,783 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It's difficult to see how anyone who voted to remain would have now changed their mind - what sort of thought process do you imagine taking place?

Whereas I'm sure that many who voted to leave did so for mainly emotional reasons, without having any real understanding of the consequences (but then neither did the politicians, seemingly) such that it's easy to see how they might reconsider in the light of what they've now learned.

I can't help wondering how things might have gone had Boris been put in charge instead of Mrs May-or-may-not.
I've spoken to plenty of people who voted remain who also did so for emotional reasons. Mention the likes of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg to thekm and they start foaming at the mouth.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post: