View Single Post
Old 28.03.2019, 14:24

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
venetian has earned some respectvenetian has earned some respect
Re: Recommendations for mobile roaming in 2019?

Quote:
View Post
Why not buy a dual sim phone and use it with a swiss and italian sim at the same time? Might be cheaper long term
I'm actually doing it. You can get a decent Italian package at 15 EUR/month and with that comes EU "free" roaming, which has a few corner cases but in general it's pretty good.
The only thing you have to make sure, AFAIK, is that you need to use it in Italy every now and then and for a non-negligible amount of time, otherwise you don't qualify for EU roaming conditions (it is up to the carrier to check and decide).

(Replace "Italy" with any other EU country, this matter is now covered by EU law).

Example: Migros Mini + Vodafone Unlimited, CH + EU with 4G and very good infrastructure at around 40 CHF/month. Not bad...

Ok, even better would be having a "do whatever you want" package valid through the whole continent but that will come. I have a friend who's particularly happy with Lyca, on the other side I read many bad reviews, that's why personally I tend to stick with big operators.