View Single Post
Old 28.03.2019, 14:38
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 84 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,341 Times in 8,199 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Boris Johnson now says he supports May's deal
Of course he does, the man has principles. His primary principle being that he should be PM. Or better yet, king.

I'm still surprised so many MPs decided to flip sides. If the deal is bad, it's bad. I fail to see how May leaving improves the deal itself. Either it's worth it for the people or it's not. As one MP said on the telly (paraphrasing here), making the vote about personality as opposed to legal substance is the wrong way to go.

Quote:
View Post
...Did you READ past the first line of my post, all the way to the end of the third paragraph?
No, because this thread is moving too fast and I can't keep up. If everyone could restrict his/her posts to twitter-sized limits that would be fab.

Quote:
View Post
Seeing as Loz is such a believer in 'the will of the people', there's currently a poll running on Twitter for '"Who should be the next PM?" Even though Jacob Rees-Mogg and Corbyn are on the shortlist, the runaway winner so far is...*drum roll please*.... Larry the Cat

https://twitter.com/Number10cat/stat...09460574375936
I have never followed anyone on twitter, but I am now a huge Larry the Cat fan.

I thought the whole point of the indicative votes was for MPs to have the opportunity to show what they're FOR not just what they're against. Why didn't they do a ranking vote instead of a simple yes-no on everything?
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: