View Single Post
Old 02.04.2019, 11:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 126 Times in 117 Posts
Thanked 24,916 Times in 9,606 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Runner's schtick

Quote:
View Post
Oks - so after not running for two days my omnipresent shin splits left, hmmmmmm. I will see how it goes tomorrow after only 2.5km today, but so far so good, don't even know I got any shins today.

This is one of my current running tracks, if anyone want to stomp in a synchronized beat. I have to say my sprint parts are way faster, but it's ok. I also love the NASA visuals.

https://youtu.be/WjNssEVlB6M
Are you combining it with a bit of strength training, too? I don't mean bulk up with weights because you can do pretty adequate training just using your own body for resistance. Maybe with some therabands.

Adding some muscle support to your joints, some balance training and working on flexibility helps to keep you injury-free, too.

Running every day isn't advisable. I think even elite athletes have rest days to allow the body to recover and repair.
This user would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post: