View Single Post
Old 02.04.2019, 15:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
GenevaSculler has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSculler has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSculler has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSculler has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSculler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Runner's schtick

Quote:
View Post
Ive been quite curious about On..
Are you doing road/threadmill?
Do you mind if I ask the distance you run and frequency?
Any opinion on durability vs Asics?
I'm a triathlete, and doing about 40km per week on average, all on road. Runs vary between 6 and 20+km in length, normally running 4-5 times per week. I'm also fairly heavy (83kg) so putting a fair bit of stress on the cushioning

So far I am pretty impressed vs the Asics - in my size, the Cloudflows are 100g per shoe lighter! My first pair have done 940km so far and still feel fine, although I've just bought a new pair to start rotating in. I did a trail race last weekend in the old pair and just put a small hole in the fabric above the big toe - the first obvious damage.

I also have a pair of Cloudrush for doing track work, but find them a little too hard.

I would advise getting the first pair from the official On website, so you can get the sizing right (I ordered two pairs and sent one back). After that, you can find them cheaper in other places on-line.
The following 2 users would like to thank GenevaSculler for this useful post: