View Single Post
Old 02.04.2019, 21:00

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
odedindi has no particular reputation at present
Came for a trial work day in a restaurant and they refuse ro pay me

Hello, I would like help on a this negative experience.

I am new to switzerland, and been trying to find a job,

About a couple of weeks ago i saw an ad for a hilfskoch in a restaurant of a hotel (in hergiswil if it matters) i contacted them, came for an interview, was tolled the sallery is 3400 a month or 18 f an hour and was invited for a trial day. I worked from 1pm till 11pm and had half an hour break at 5pm. In the end of the day the chef said that he will contact me in few days, and as i was tired plus i dont speak german well and the chef doesnt speak english i didnt have the power to insist on getting paid on the spot. After eventually they did contact me, the told me that even though i was alright, they had a different guy that learned cooking and they prefered him, which is alright, but when i asked for a compensation for my work they reply that it is not customed to pay for a trial day.

Is that correct with the law? First time in my life that this happens to me. Needless to say that even if the should pay me about 180 only every Frank matters for me. I emailed them about this saying that i should get paid, they didnt reply for several days and now i got a friend to speak with the manager of the hhotel that said she doesnt care and they will not pay me. What can i do now?