View Single Post
Old 03.04.2019, 20:34

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
odedindi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Came for a trial work day in a restaurant and they refuse ro pay me

Thank you very much every one for your replies, its been educating.

I do not mind doing a trial day or trail month or even three if that matters but and as i learned through this interesting conversation it is not legal to not pay here in switzerland lets put asside the moral side of the case (and in my eyes moral does have a great weight), this attitude leaves me speachless, the audacity to not pay people for their time, like it is my life dream to work any where, unless i volunteer out of my own good free will there is no way i would agree to work not even 2 hours and not getting pay, but if this is your approach as a business owner at least explain this before any one worked for you.

To update about what i have decided to do is: I sent them an official letter, with detail i have found with the amounts that they should pay me for a day of work. Demanding my pay until the 12th of the month. In adition i wrote that if they won't do so i will use the Betreibungsamt services (costs about 30bucks).
This is an act on the principle level, and any way I choose to move on in my mind and not let them bump my day. I will update here in the future how this situation develops.

My hope is that this will attitude will be part of the past, i must say that in my opinion actions like this should be considered as a crime and businesses that behave this way should be fined with a big fine plus the manager be held acountable on a criminal level.