View Single Post
Old 07.04.2019, 07:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,238 Times in 821 Posts
Thanked 19,388 Times in 7,504 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does UBS & Credit Suisse do employee monitoring?

Quote:
View Post
I don't care about pron/hacking websites only complete idiots would look at that at work anyways. Surprising people so high up can be so stupid.

It's more the borderline things like googling learning sites, youtube etc. If added up i can be many hours and worries a report would come out to management with 5-10hours youtube a week = fired.
Have any of you experienced that?
People have already told you they haven't experienced being monitored/penalized/fired, what more do you want? You seem to repeat yourself and your questions a lot.

Quote:
View Post
I've never worked anywhere that didn't routinely block youtube because of possible exposure to malware. Way too much of a risk when sensitive client data is on another screen. Even at home, I don't open a tab in youtube whilst a banking site, etc, is open in another tab. That may be overkill, but it's been drummed into me for so long now that it's automatic.
Blueangel wow... you would 'never work somewhere that allowed Youtube'? Where do you get this rubbish from? :roflYoutube is owned by Google and there is no reason to block it in a corporate workplace for 'malware reasons'. The videos that are uploaded are all checked for malware beforehand.

The only likely way to get malware through Youtube is if you click on a malware link from a random user in the comments section... which objectively speaking your would have to be pretty stupid do do, right?

Last edited by Chuff; 07.04.2019 at 11:00. Reason: Removed misunderstanding.
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: