View Single Post
Old 09.04.2019, 09:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
He is indeed minority fringe, but eminent judges have said his case is arguable and should be tested in the courts...
In this case, "eminent judges" = 1 former appeals judge (now retired), Sir Richard Aitkens PC. In the great scheme of things, he's pretty toothless. If the case had a list of QCs backing it, or even interested in it, that would be an entirely different story. As it currently stands, Tilbrook is waiting for the Government's response, and I do believe they're a little busy at the moment.

As a side note, I love how this story is primarily being run by the two norotious tabloids who printed a front page of QCs and called them traitors. Funny how they hold the law of the land up when it suits them. I see this as a case of the tail wagging the dog.
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: