View Single Post
Old 09.04.2019, 12:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 88 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 3,600 Times in 1,445 Posts
Snoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Friendly warning about booking Europcar via Easyjet

Quote:
View Post
I avoid Europcar in the UK. Very lax in noting actual damage before rental and very enthusiastic with a fine tooth comb after you have returned it, and left.

Twice we provided them with photos and videos proving the pre-existing cosmetic damages.

The very last time we returned a car we decided to do a walk around video of the car. One of their people saw us and ran out claiming ‘you don’t have to this’and tried to get us to stop and delete the video.

The two times they tried to ‘ding’ us was when the wife had bought the full cdw etc. Meaning we wouldn’t have paid, but they would charge the insurance company. Win-win? Not, it’s dishonest.
I have had similar problems with Europcar in the UK (some years ago) but have also had identical problems with both Hertz and Avis in the UK. Any damage is covered by my company, but that doesn't mean that I tolerate it. I only ever have these problems in the UK and at one point got our company travel manager involved and suddenly the issue was resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I always do a walk around before I rent a car and have no hesitation getting someone to amend the damage report before I drive off. It really makes sense and can save a lot of aggravation.
This user would like to thank Snoopy for this useful post: