View Single Post
Old 09.04.2019, 11:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 121 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Friendly warning about booking Europcar via Easyjet

Quote:
View Post
I avoid Europcar in the UK. Very lax in noting actual damage before rental and very enthusiastic with a fine tooth comb after you have returned it, and left.

Twice we provided them with photos and videos proving the pre-existing cosmetic damages.

The very last time we returned a car we decided to do a walk around video of the car. One of their people saw us and ran out claiming ‘you don’t have to this’and tried to get us to stop and delete the video.

The two times they tried to ‘ding’ us was when the wife had bought the full cdw etc. Meaning we wouldn’t have paid, but they would charge the insurance company. Win-win? Not, it’s dishonest.
Interesting, we've been using Europcar almost exclusively for the last 15 years or more, never, ever had damage issues either before or after the rental and even had an upgrade once or twice. The only time we had to pay for damage was when I scraped the side reversing out of my Mum's driveway.
The one time we went through a third party rental finder, they suggested a Sixt rental to and from Dublin airport and it was a nightmare; shite car and they tried to claim there were scratches on the bumper, and we had never touched a thing during the rental period.