View Single Post
Old 10.04.2019, 11:57
Moderately Dutch

Groaned at 298 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 9,136 Times in 4,625 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did you move to Switzerland on your own?

Quote:
View Post
I would avoid Switzerland (at least the German part) if you're a single guy. It's tough to build a social circle here and if you don't speak the language (Swiss German, not high German) you are limiting yourself to a small pool of ex-pat women. The majority of ex-pat women here came to Switzerland with a husband or boyfriend so even the ex-pat dating pool is small. Zurich has a lot of male-dominated industries like banking/finance/tech which means there are a lot of single guys with decent money to throw around competing for a smaller group of girls. It's nothing like London or NYC which attract swarms of single girls chasing the sex and the city lifestyle. Also, the Swiss Germans are strange in that, despite their love of travelling, they seem to be terrified of strangers when back in the home land. Why not try London or Dublin instead? I'd say Zurich is a great place for families but not single guys.

Why would OP come here to pick up women?

If you live outside of Zurich (my experience) it is easier to make friends. I have both Swiss and non Swiss friends (actually none of them are expats (in the classical way))
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post: