View Single Post
Old 11.04.2019, 15:38

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MisterV has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any good career advisors/coaches for international business careers?

Thank you, but I think you may have thought a little too far ahead there. I intentionally kept it vague since I thought this kind of stuff might not be appreciated on the forum. I do have several years' experience in international sales (heavy industry, energy, high-tech and startup), and this is one of the reasons I want to potentially change, and discuss the profile with someone who would ideally say: "well this profile can evolve to X and Y, and maybe Z, but to be honest it sounds like you would be unhappy with X, and for Y you absolutely need to have a diploma in YY, and Z might be difficult unless you look in industry ZZ".

That was my idea, initially. It is possible this kind of service just doesn't exist, - I would find that a little sad, however, seeing how complex the job landscape can be. It would be important for someone to gauge your personality and say "look, dude, no offense, but you're not really made for X, however you're great for Y, just get some certificate for it and you have very good chances of seeing traction". Maybe that's a market niche in itself, hah.

I am also generally suspicious of 'professional coaches' and the main point of the thread was a small hope that my suspicions would not be confirmed.