View Single Post
Old 11.04.2019, 18:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 32 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,689 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When a man already is on his knees...

Quote:
View Post
... it gets worse! Just received a letter today to attend a court hearing because horrible neighbours across are asking for 45.000 CHF damages because apparently the PPE "annexe building" (boiler room) has created damp on their wall. Hearing is on the day I am supposed to give a conference in Greece!

30 minutes after I opened this letter, my (nice) neighbour calls me in panic because the water pressure pump valve has gone crazy and we now have 60 cm of water in that part of the building (thank god not the one attached to suing neighbours!), the pressure was such that the heavy manhole was lifted and carried away.

Who's got the address for Exit?
Your building's a recent conversion from a farm building (or something similar) isn't it? Such problems will therefore be covered by the developer's guarantee and/or insurance. Contact them, plus your own household insurance and let them sort it out!

#2 son's in-laws are suing their neighbours for serious damage caused to the fabric of their property (17th century stone farm building); a burst water pipe had saturated the ground butting up to the in-laws building and despite warnings had been ignored by neighbours for years! That's being handled by their respective insurances and has been dragging on for at least four years....

EXIT.... don't you dare!
The following 10 users would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: