View Single Post
Old 17.04.2019, 09:03

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MisterV has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any good career advisors/coaches for international business careers?

Quote:
View Post
Well You have sales - the next step in my industry sector is “Product Manager” or “Marketing Manager”. I did that job as international product manager for a bit.

You need a mentor , specific to your industry. I’m my early days esp when I was looking to move into an corporate HQ role in an international operations environ - I reached out to some one in LinkedIn in Switzerland - he was in a Big Pharma - over a series of emails he was able some advice and some hooks - he passed my CV into his organization which yielded interviews.
That's helpful, thanks. Mentorship seems to be somewhat hard, since very few people in my closer network have experience that is relevant for me.

And really, just contacting strangers over LinkedIn? And they give intelligent, helpful responses? I would be highly surprised, often not even my friends can do that, sometimes due to corporate structure (i.e. they are not allowed to pass anything on to HR or some BS like that).

Do you have a lot of experience with that? Are people happier to connect on LinkedIn when you're not looking to sell them your product or so?

Maybe I'll do a separate thread with my profile asking for suggestions, as was mentioned above.