View Single Post
Old 18.04.2019, 08:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 311 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 9,603 Times in 3,388 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
This morning on the bike to work I was wondering, how much future is in all these charging networks being built now ?

I don't know what the range is on a Model 3, but battery cost and weight will come down to a point that the range of a EV car will get in the 1000km and higher.

What is the point of gas-station like fast charging infrastructure when the range of your typical EV is more than can be humanly driven in one day ? You just refill during the night when you're asleep, either at home or a hotel or something, no need to sit for half an hour or even stop for a top-up...

?
I have only used a supercharger once, and that was driving from Zurich to the Engardin - the car said I could make it home without charge, but I didn‘t fancy arriving with just 10% to spare.

I will only use supercharger 2 or 3 times a year for long trips - like to the UK. Otherwise 98% of charging is done at night at home.

90% charge (as recommended by Tesla for non-roadtrip driving) gives a range of approx 480/520 kms depending on speed and hills.

I think the supercharger network is to sell the EV concept to those who have range anxiety...

Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days