View Single Post
Old 18.04.2019, 19:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 773 Times in 528 Posts
Thanked 8,702 Times in 4,114 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Using 3a for renovation

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for the input so far. So I don't want to go down the route of trying to change the mortgage amount as our mortgage is fixed so I spoke with the bank and I really am getting annoyed with them.

In their form for this it says "Copy de la confirmation d'octroi de credit par le creancier qui finance la transformation du logemont".

I am slightly lost here and the bank didnt really know either: are they expecting one single bill to cover all the works or they are expecting a single time when they pay all the invoices at once". the above makes me look at the former.

If thats the case, how on earth do people do this ? If you have a roofer and a kitchen fitter you're going to get two bills.

Has anyone been down this route and successfully managed to make this work ?
cheers

You don0t need too !

Use your 3A to pay off, lets say Chf 100k tomorrow, wait 6 months increase the mortgage by Chf 100k and take the cash, it's fairly simple process and relatively well used....

As for various bills, the bank likes you to work with 1 guy (thus increasing the cost) and pay him who then pays the others.

Cash your 3A in, decrease your mortgage for 6 months, then go back and increase it, take the cash and pay the workmen how and when you want.
The following 2 users would like to thank Today only for this useful post: