View Single Post
Old 20.04.2019, 12:39

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dox has no particular reputation at present
Re: Salt Fiber Box

Quote:
View Post
Hello,
First I have to thank you for this usefull information. I think about mooving from Swisscom, but I use some features on their box like static routes (for communication between openvpn clients and lan machines), automatic port forwarding (UPnP IGP) and schledule Wifi.

I would like to know if the salt box has this features ?
Static routes: no. You can buy a cheap router from Ricardo and add another level of NAT'ing (put your devices which require a special route behind that router and use it to direct traffic as needed).

Automatic port forwarding: no. You can however declare manually a large range of ports and has some predefined templates (e.g. Battle.net).

Schedule WiFi: yes, kind of. You can define a schedule and then enable/disable specific services for each schedule. E.g. you allow POP3/IMAP email, but not browsing between specific times. I see there's also a checkbox for all TCP traffic, so that probably serves the purpose. All in all, it's much more granular than just "take WiFi down" and "bring WiFi up" at specific times.

Quote:
View Post
Another questions I got are :

what's the point of dyndns feature if the external IP is static as written in Salt FAQ ?
Does someone manage to get Salt TV work with Zattoo PVR plugin in Kodi (should ne possible as told in github page of the plugin) ?
Thanks by advance for your answers !
DynDNS: you might not want to remember the IP address all the time and instead resort to an easy to remember hostname (thus less of the "dynamic" part in DNS, but rather classical DNS).

Salt TV with Kodi: yes, it works (or at least it did, last time I tested).