View Single Post
Old 26.04.2019, 16:53

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
JourneyMan has no particular reputation at present
Re: ESTA Application

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread here. Swiss couple friends of mine travelling to the US next week invited me to dinner the other night. They were close to completing their ESTA application online when I arrived, shaking their heads at the cost: 190USD for 2 travellers. Anyways they were about to enter thier credit card details but asked me to review what they have done. The site name seems trying hard to be official as "official-esta.com/visa-waiver-program/esta-for-swiss-citizens". This I was told was the top result in their google search for "how to apply for ESTA in switzerland", it was even boxed by google as the best result.

We abandoned that site and searched in the ch.usembassy site and there we found the real officeial one: esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta, it cost them 14usd for each application.

They are done with the ESTA application but are now worried about the passport numbers and personal information they have entered into what appeared to be a scam site earlier. They are already receiving warnings by email about an incomplete application and possibilities of heavy fines if not completed. Any ideas how they can mitigate this? what to watch out for?
The following 6 users would like to thank JourneyMan for this useful post: