View Single Post
Old 26.04.2019, 19:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,410 Times in 2,314 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ESTA Application

Quote:
View Post
As I don't need an ESTA, I've never filled one out so I don't know how much stuff they ask you. From others that have filled it out, I got the impression it was a "quick" application and approval.
It can be "quick" or not quite so, depending on many factors, e.g. if you are an employee, self-employed, unemployed or simply retired. There can be up to about 120 questions and entry fields to be filled out.

Quote:
View Post
Captain I do hope you only paid $14, which would mean you were probably on the legit site?
Thanks for asking. I know the drill and can't be fooled that easily. I paid those $14, which, as you may know, are said to be used to promote tourism to the USA (!). However, the visa proper cost another $160, as usual. Don't ask me what those are used for.

On the plus side, my recent visa arrived extremely quickly. I qualify for the non-interview procedure, i.e. I need not travel to Bern to have my pockets searched for explosives. I can submit my passport and other documents (to prove that those poor Michiganders need my physical presence) by mail. According to the on-line instructions, I should have gotten my passport plus visa back within two weeks. It arrived within five days. I'm still recovering from that shock.

"This is AMAZING! I have the exact amount of money Joe Biden has cost us playing golf in my sweatpants pocket!" Kona Lowell

The following 3 users would like to thank Captain Greybeard for this useful post: