View Single Post
Old 26.04.2019, 22:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,410 Times in 2,314 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ESTA Application

Quote:
View Post
Swiss don't need visas to visit the USA, just the ESTA. However, I get the impression from your back-and-forth travels that you plan to stay longer than a simple short vacation. And yes, $14 to promote tourism. Absolutely!
Exactly, I usually stay from May to November, then again from December to March. ESTA allows only 90 days every half year.
Quote:
View Post
Promote tourism in Michigan? When I mentioned tourism at the immigration desk of Detroit airport I was pulled off the line for additional questions...
Traverse City, MI has 15,000 inhabitants but up to 300,000 tourists in summer, not in the course of the entire summer but at the same time. There are huge hotels on the south shore of the Grand Traverse Bay, dozens of them, and countless B&Bs all over the area. The harbors burst in their seams because of all the visiting yachts. Besides cherries (about 160,000 tons a year), tourism is the mainstay of the economy in NW Lower Michigan.

Maybe the guy with the big guns took you off the line because you were behaving funny. Did you brag about coming from North Korea in transit to Cuba?

"This is AMAZING! I have the exact amount of money Joe Biden has cost us playing golf in my sweatpants pocket!" Kona Lowell

This user would like to thank Captain Greybeard for this useful post: