View Single Post
Old 28.04.2019, 12:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
BeastOfBodmin has a reputation beyond reputeBeastOfBodmin has a reputation beyond reputeBeastOfBodmin has a reputation beyond reputeBeastOfBodmin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tick Vaccination

Quote:
View Post
I guess you mean a vaccination against Tick-Born Encephalitis. But no, it's not normally considered necessary. Some areas have a higher risk than others, http://www.ch.ch/en/ticks/ should answer any more detailed questions.
That link - for me,using brave browser, with shields up or down - now goes to a page containing nothing useful in English, but there is a link to a page, in German, on admin.ch.

I found an archive copy of the above here.

This Swissinfo page has an article dated January 2019, which states

Quote:
Ticks have become such a menace across Switzerland that the government is urging everyone to get vaccinated against one of the diseases they cause - early summer meningo-encephalitis (ESME). Health insurers will reimburse vaccination costs.
This February 2019 Swissinfo article states

Quote:
Following a recent government call for mass vaccinations against the debilitating tick-borne encephalitis disease, the health office said on Monday it considered the entire country – except cantons Geneva and Ticino – to be at risk.