Thread: TPMS sensors
View Single Post
Old 28.04.2019, 13:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Squeeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TPMS sensors

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

What kind of car and what year is it? Only asking as older cars actually have pressure sensors usually in the valve stems. Newer cars use the wheel speed sensors to calculate the drop in pressure as they turn slightly slower with a little drop in pressure when driving. When we top up the pressure in cars, gotta do a TPMS adaptation reset. This is either a button somewhere on the dashboard/middle console or in the onboard computer.

Anyway, as far as legality, it's really just a convenience feature of the car. Some cars allow to disable the warning altogether if the warning beeping/reminder is nirfig. Too many car variants to know which option are for what car. That's what you cars' manual and google is for, not to mention these forums too.

Yes, actually I am confused

It's a Nissan Micra K13, the manual doesn't say anything about which TPMS is installed (plus it's in Italian, which doesn't help much )
Google says the micra is a cheap car and shouldn't have sensors in the wheels, but google also shows websites selling sensors for the micra.
Google says, if the light blinks when you turn the motor on, it means that the communication with the sensors is broken. It doesn't make sense, to me, that the light would be blinking if it was an ABS-based system.

Aaand I reset the TPMS twice after changing the wheels, it came back every time.

Tried attaching an OBD2 reader, too, but it wouldn't turn on when connected to the car.
But then if it's legal to drive around like this, everything is alright thank you again everyone!